Sunday 25 April 2010

Emma Thompson the actress - I admire her talents

and her beautiful, distinctive voice.

The lovely Emma Thompson has always fascinated me in her acting roles and no less so than coming by chance upon Desert Island discs a few weeks ago when I listened again and again. She says she is slowing down. How come? At the age of 50 she has a long way to go yet! She has achieved so very much more than me, and oh so much more perfection than ever I could ever have achieved, so how can I feel as if I am slowing down? I need to run a marathon to catch up!

It was wonderful to listen to a recording of her father singing for the Magic Roundabout which I remember so fondly. As soon as the music started I was ready to listen and watch.

She referred to a quote from John Ruskin.

"Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness." -John Ruskin (1819–1900)

I would like to reduce my acquired belongings ... but here I am about to acquire something that will cause me responsibility. Oh dear … more anxiety in my life. I am like Florence and need to dust and clear. Certainly there will be a lot of that to do in the near future.

COUNTDOWN: 4 days (I wrote this posting on Sunday and posted it on Monday)

No comments: