Sunday 23 August 2009

Yet another hot and glorious day and I am not complaining.

I just LOVE the heat. Captain Sensible was very kind and generous as always and repaired our punctures. I am HOPELESS at this and so I ADMIRE his expertise. I had washed off the wood dust from the bicycles yesterday and discovered we each had punctures. We cycled to Pleumartin, bought provisions from the boulangerie to add to our picnic and cycled along the old railway track to La Roche Posay. This, we have done many a time. We arrived at la riviere, La Creuse, ate our couscous lunch, slept, and then swam in the cordoned section of the river which was much more shallow than last year! I had a swing, he went to take photos, he had a swing, I sat in the sunshine. Off we go, there is more breeze when cycling to keep us cool, and in the town we watched a game of BOULES, whilst eating our Italian ice cream, full of e numbers we suspect!!! It was hard climbing the hills, to get back home but I DID IT! Cycling into the hameau though is a great liberating treat! I collapsed and went to sleep after my shower.

No comments: