Saturday 13 November 2010

Orange Saga is complete ... I HOPE

Yesterday after an hour on the phone plus with the technical help from Captain Sensible and a man called John from the English Speaking Orange Helpline who must both be praised profusely,  the internet LIVEBOX has been re-set, the internet phone has been re-set, the two phones are wired up correctly,  and it is all working with the original fti/ connexion number rather than the second one that they sent me.  Mysteries solved!  The conflict of having two contracts has been resolved!

I am still nervous about whether it will last.  However, I am assured that the Orange and France Telecom engineers did something on 10-11-10 and now it is all tickety-boo!   I've even had my first invoice!  Now, after 86 days, I can "phone for free" on the internet line or pay more on the landline.   What Choices, eh!

2 comments:

GaynorB said...

Congratulations and I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Carolyn said...

What an ordeal! I'm glad it's over and I hope everything goes well from here on.